FROM INFORMATION TO INSIGHT – PIPELINE DATA MANAGEMENT
GDM Pipelines & Explore Inc – Pipeline Data Management
Explore Inc is proudly working with GDM Pipelines to demonstrate our approach to managing your pipeline crossings. Our previous event was spectacular, and we are delighted to share what’s been accomplished with GDM.
On October 24, 2020, GDM Pipelines hosted a showcase of innovative technologies that are transforming pipeline data management. We thank all who attended our showcase for showing interest in what Explore Inc and GDM Pipelines have in store for the future of this co-op.
Here’s what you can expect…
In 2020, oil and gas companies began to look for ways to streamline their operations more and more. This includes strategies to leverage data to its full potential, ultimately creating efficiencies across the entire organization. We are looking at the means of bettering the collection of in-field data, storage and maintaining the collected information, and analytics for identifying risk and performance issues. The more complete the data is, the better it is, and it is more effective at managing your assets.
GDM Pipelines is pleased to have helped bring together and showcase five innovative solutions at the summit. These solutions will help transform the way that pipeline operators approach data management and analytics. They included:
- GDM Pipelines– GDM’s Converge software is changing the way companies approach pipeline integrity management. With on-demand risk scores for every pipeline in Western Canada and new tools to create and manage asset connectivity, this solution offers a streamlined approach to calculating and maintaining risk profiles across your entire pipeline inventory.
- Explore Inc. – Having completed close to 20,000 pipeline water crossing inspections, Explore is unsurpassed when it comes to the understanding of pipeline crossing management. Learn more about their unique approach and how they apply innovative technologies and data collection techniques to create efficient and effective pipeline-crossing programs.
- Ingu Solutions– Ingu Solutions’ Pipers® is an affordable and easy-to-deploy screening tool that identifies risks and performance issues in pipelines. They fit in every diameter and condition of the pipeline and are especially suitable for pipelines that are difficult to inspect. They detect and locate leaks, geometric defects, magnetic features, and deposits in all pipelines — with no interruption of service.
- Lux Modus– Lux Modus’s advanced mobile LIDAR and imagery are used to create a Digital Twin of the pipeline Right of Way during construction. By rapidly processing this data, Lux Modus provides constructors with visibility into construction and the Digital Twin provides Traceable, Verifiable, and Complete as-built information for the pipeline.
- EZOPS– EZOPS was built by operators for operators to ensure a central location for data collection for every task, inspection, calibration, and on-site reading. Its online and offline capabilities mean operators and frontline workers always have access to the most up-to-date data so they can make meaningful decisions in the field without the need to navigate multiple software applications.
Those who joined us for this informative session have been able to learn about some of the newest technological advancements for oil and gas companies to collect, manage, and analyze critical operational data.
Our no-cost, half-day event included the following features:
- Presentations that highlighted innovative solutions
- Information kiosks to ask questions and gain first-hand knowledge of these featured technologies
- Plenty of networking opportunities
We again thank all who attended for participating in this event. We look forward to seeing you all at the next one!