Explore started as a Professional Land Surveying company and has grown its business across product lines and geographic locations. Today Explore employs over 50 staff across 7 offices and provides Survey, Asset Integrity, Engineering and Geohazard Management services. Employees of Explore can expect to join a collaborative team of professionals who enjoy their work and coworkers, find a balance between work and life, and contribute to the growth of their career and the company. Behind every Explore experience is TRUST, is not just a motto but a way of life. We are a growing company looking to add to our team.
Explore has an opportunity for Geomatics Technician in Calgary region and will consider applicants throughout Western Canada.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Interpret field returns in order to create accurate survey drawings and legal plans, which will include downloading and editing field data, interpreting field notes and sketches, and processing data from various sources (conventional, GNSS, UAV, laser scanning, etc.)
- Complete calculations, both cadastral and construction based, as needed, and prepare for drafting or client project reporting
- Liaising with Project Managers and clients regarding inquiries and issues
- Implementing and ensuring quality assurance on all field returns
- Take instructions from the project manager for the performance of tasks.
- Coordinate the preparation of documents and applications required for regulatory approvals.
- Checking of survey plans for municipal and oil & gas sectors on both private and public lands
- Strong understanding of the Alberta Township System, Alberta Land Titles System, map projections and datums, and general Provincial survey laws and standards
- Proficiency with the Trimble suite of products and associated software such as TBC & Access
- Detail orientated
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Critical thinking skills and the application of good judgment for accuracy and adequacy of work
- Timely and conscience
- Team-oriented and comfortable working within a fast-paced environment
Preference will be given to those who have successfully completed:
- Degree or technical diploma in Geomatics with at least 2 years of progressive experience in a Geomatics Tech role
- Possess a diverse background in Municipal, Oil & Gas and Construction/Engineering Surveys
What you get:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits Package
- Participation in the Employee Bonus Program
- Exciting, fast-paced environment
- The opportunity to grow and shape the future of Explore Surveys
*Only successful candidates will be contacted