Explore has opportunities for Survey Crew Chiefs to join our growing team in Grande Prairie, Edmonton and throughout Alberta. This is a great opportunity for an experienced surveying professional to join Explore and execute projects in a variety of industries in Alberta. In this role, you will lead surveying assistants on projects in industries including energy, pipelines, construction, government and beyond. If you’re looking to take the next step in your career, this position may be the right step for you to grow your career in Geomatics while helping to build our brand across Western Canada.
The ability to travel and work out of town, some overtime and meet drug & alcohol and fitness for work testing is required. While there will be times you will have to work remotely, Explore values a work life balance and time with your family and strives to minimize your time away from home.
Explore will consider signing and retention bonuses or relocation expense reimbursement for the right candidate.
- Work with Project Manager to understand project objectives, allocated budgets, goals, schedules, and timeframes
- Communicate scope and schedule information to team members, set expectations, and ensure project tasks are completed on time
- Field completion of various types of surveys including engineering, construction, and legal surveys.
- Liaise between Project Manager and client representative
- Manage information flow from field to office and prepare clear, concise and accurate field notes, records and calculations
- Ensure implementation of quality assurance, safety, and policy compliance
- Provide coaching and supervision to junior staff and survey assistants.
- Two-year technical diploma in geomatics or related field and/or 3+ experience as a Survey Crew Chief
- Experience with Trimble GPS equipment and total stations
- Physical ability to lift heavy equipment
- Willingness to work in varied environmental conditions, including wildlife populated areas and in remote areas with varied hours
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, good attendance, sound judgment skills, and general computer knowledge.
Incorporated in 2008, Explore started as a Professional Land Surveying company and has grown its business across product lines and geographic locations. Today Explore employs over 50 staff across 7 offices and provides Survey, Asset Integrity, Engineering and Geohazard Management services. Employees of Explore can expect to join a collaborative team of professionals who enjoy their work and coworkers, find a balance between work and life and contribute to the growth of their career and the company. Behind every Explore experience is TRUST, is not just a motto but a way of life.